Friday, October 12, 2012
How to Make Sushi
Since we got a reaction of how to make sushi, we decided to make a simple "tutorial". I think this is the first time we are actually doing this, so we hope this is clear enough to make it yourself. It's actually very easy but it takes a lot of time.
1. The ingredients/ requirements
You can choose what you want, in our case we have chosen carrots and cucumber, and salmon. Nori and sushi rice is necessary of course. Nori is seaweed to explain it simple. The sushi rice gets sticky when it's cooked!
- Sushi rice
- a bow with water
- Bamboo mat
For the rice, just follow the instructions on the package. We had to put it in cold water for 30 minutes, cook it 10 minutes and let it cool down a little. Meanwhile you can of course chop the vegetables.
1. Place the nori on the bamboo mat. You notice you have a side that doesn't shimmer that much, put that side above.
2. Make your hands wet in the bow of water so the rice doesn't stick to your hands. Then place the rice on the nori, like in the picture.
3. Place the salmon above the rice.
4. Place the vegetables on the salmon.
5. Now you you have to roll it, this looks harder then it actually is!
6. Chop it in pieces and you're done!